It's easy to use, and remarkably uncomplicated for most of us
despite the first glance
that leaves some in a panic.
Read more - worry less:
This printable W9 Form is the newest.
People who must request the W9 form from
someone else as
per the law don't always
understand what the details are, and
expected from them.
In this case, the Instructions for the IRS W9 Form Requester offers valuable
Your W9 Fill In Requirements
On the W9 form you will be asked to fill in:
- Your name and if applicable, your business name.
- Check a box for the federal tax classification such as Individual/Sole Proprietor, Corporation, Partnership, Trust/estate, Limited Liability Company or Other.
- Your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Certification - That the TIN or Soc. Sec. Numbers shown on the form are yours.
- Agree to the stated information about whether you are or are not subject to Backup Withholding.
- That you are a US citizen, as defined further in the form.
(If you have a green card you are a resident alien, and you can use the W9 form)
It goes on to mention corporations and businesses and what is required.
You are asked to sign and date the form under penalties of
That's not so hard.
Si usted es un ciudadano y prefiere leer y utilizar la forma
disponible aquí pues
la forma W9 en español.
If you are a citizen and prefer to read and use the form in
Spanish it is available here as the W9 Form in Spanish
If you are not a citizen or have a green card, you will have to use
the Form W8BEN